Bucket-brigade-based All-analog Delay Pedal with Onboard Modulation, Flexible Routing, Tap Tempo, Four Note Divisions, Stereo Operation, and Assignable Expression Pedal Control.
In 2011, we released the Panther Analog Delay. Almost exactly two years later, we tried a nearly impossible feat of taking everything we love about the Panther Delay, making a few improvements, and packaging it into an enclosure half the size. We are proud to bring you the Panther Cub.
100% Analog Bucket Brigade Technology
The Panther Cub is voiced to deliver the dark and chewy repeats that analog delay fans clamor for. But unlike other analog designs, the Panther Cub offers you an unheard of 1,000ms (about one second) of delay time! Bring in beautiful, ambient modulation with the pedal's M.SPEED and M.DEPTH controls. And an internal ROAR switch offers two levels of oscillation and runaway for the sonically adventurous.
- 1,000ms of Delay (1 full second)
- Eight 3208 Bucket Brigade Delay chips
- Onboard Modulation that stays accurate even when using Tap Tempo
- Internal ROAR switch for 2 modes of oscillation sensitivity
Extensive Onboard Control
Thanks to its groundbreaking feature set, the Panther Cub Delay has been one of our most intriguing pedals to date. It's not often you find an all-analog delay with onboard tap tempo and a 4-section RATIO control with settings for quarter, dotted-eighth, eighth, and triplet divisions. In fact, our Panther Delay was the first to do it!
- Soft-touch Tap Tempo switch
- 4-position RATIO control (1/4, 1/8, dotted 1/8, Triplets)
- True Speed LED (indicates rate of actual delay)
External Tone-shaping Power
The Panther Cub's control and tweakability extend further than what you'll find onboard. By adding your favorite pedals into the Panther Cub's effects loop, you're able to affect the repeats in ways that are as vast as your creativity. An expression pedal input can be assigned to change many of the pedal's settings on the fly. And you even have the opportunity to externally control your tap tempo and tap slave the Panther Cub to your other time-based pedals.
- EFX Loop (via TRS splitter) that allows placement of any effect on repeats only
- Dry Out (via TRS splitter) for stereo field of sound
- Assignable Expression (control Speed, Ratio, Mod Depth, Mod Speed)
- Tap Input/Output allows external tap controller or tap slaving
Additional Panther Cub Benefits:
- Pedalboard-friendly size
- Space-saving top-mounted Input/Output jacks
- True Bypass Switching
- Standard 9V DC negative power
100% Designed, Populated, and Assembled in Kansas City USA
This pedal requires standard 9V DC Negative power, consumes 100mA, and measures 4.7" x 3.7" x 1.2"
This product has sold out.